Collection of personal information
We only collect the personal information that we need for the particular business activity and/or function we are carrying out. Personal information that CookDineHost collects and holds may include your name, email address, date of birth, country, phone number and other identifying information you choose to provide us. When you use our Website, we may also collect personal information about you in the following general categories:
- Device information: We may collect information about your mobile device such as the hardware model, operating system, preferred language, unique device identifier and mobile network.
- Other information: We may also collect and log information such as your IP address, access dates and times, browser type and pages visited when you interact with a Website.
How CookDineHost collects and holds personal information
The main way CookDineHost collects personal information about you is when you give it to us. This is generally:
- when you contact us via telephone or contact us via web page
- when you opt in to receive our newsletter or other marketing materials
- when you provide express consent to receive SMS notifications
- when you write to us
- when you participate in a marketing campaign or promotion administered by us or our representatives
- when you provide your information to our staff
- when you conduct business with us
- when you supply goods and/or services to us
When collecting this personal information, we will do so only by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. CookDineHost may use third party service providers, such as Klaviyo to collect and store personal information on our behalf.
Use and disclosure of your personal information
CookDineHost will only use or disclose personal information for the purpose for which we collected it (primary purpose), a purpose related to the primary purpose, where required or permitted by law or where you have consented to such use or disclosure. The main purposes for which we may use or disclose personal information include:
- to provide marketing materials and information about our products, special offers, competitions and promotions via CookDineHost newsletter (for persons that have signed up to receive the newsletter);
- conducting promotions or competitions;
- to maintain and improve the functionality of a Website to provide better service to Website visitors and users, including the compilation and analysis of statistics and trends, the provision of information to you relating to the content available on that Website;
- to provide, maintain and improve our products and services;
- to respond to a request, enquiry or complaint you have made;
- maintaining and keeping our records up to date and accurate;
- to obtain opinions or comments about products and/or services and to conduct other market research and development (including to record statistical data for marketing analysis);
- verifying your identity; and
- to facilitate, maintain and continue a business relationship with suppliers or distributors.
For any of the above purposes we may contact you by telephone, email or other means.
- to law enforcement bodies, in order to comply with the law or to protect the rights, property or safety of the public or CookDineHost; or
- to organizations with whom we have arrangements or agreements for the purpose of promoting our products and any agents used by us in administering such arrangements or agreements;
Links to other sites
Our Websites or Applications may, from time to time, offer links to sites that may be of interest to you but which are not operated by CookDineHost. Their inclusion cannot be taken to imply any endorsement or validation by us of the content of the third party website. Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices. If you visit one of these linked websites, you should review their privacy and other policies. We are not responsible, nor do we accept any liability, for the policies, practices and conduct of other companies linked to any CookDineHost Website.
Your choice about the information we collect
We may provide you the option to update your information or to opt out of marketing communications through the profile and/or preference section of your account. In addition, you may opt-out of marketing communications as set forth below.
SMS. If you have provided express consent to receive SMS messages from us, you may unsubscribe by replying ‘STOP’.
Push Notifications. We may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device and may on some cases do so based on your device’s location. You can elect to stop receiving those messages at any time by changing notification settings on your mobile device.
Changes and access to personal information
If you want to:
- know what personal information CookDineHost holds about you or gain access to this personal information;
- update or correct any personal information CookDineHost holds about you; and/or
you may do so by contacting us in writing or by email (see “Contact us” section, below).
When you contact us with such a request, we will take steps to update your personal information, provide you with access to your personal information and/or otherwise address your query within a reasonable period after we receive your request. To protect the security of your personal information, you may be required to provide identification before we update or provide you with access to your personal information.
In any marketing communication sent by us directly to you (for instance by email), you will be given the option to ‘opt out’ from receiving communications from CookDineHost, such as by clicking on an ‘unsubscribe’ link at the end of an email.
Our staff are prepared to address any concerns you may have about our handling of personal information. We will take steps to assess and handle your query and complaint within a reasonable period after we receive your request.
More information about privacy law and the APPs is available from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at http://www.oaic.gov.au. You can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner on 1300 363 992 or by writing to: GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001.
Effective June 2023